Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Sheds





After a long dry spell from any drawing or painting while admin and emails and a short trip to the Cape occupied my time, I finally got out for a bit of sketching time. First over lunch with my husband at a pub called the Jolly Roger, where I sketched a scene across the street, until a flamboyant woman and her young date/friend/son? sat down at a nearby table. I couldn't resist furtively getting her down on paper, hoping very much that she wouldn't spot me and ask to see the results - not sure if she would have appreciated them...
Then I made a last minute sketch date for our group to go to a new market at some renovated old mining warehouses on the outskirts of the city called The Sheds@1 Fox on Saturday. Only four of us turned up with such late notice, but with interesting industrial spaces, delicious food and drinks stalls spread around, nice music and a relaxed vibe, we'll have to go back and explore it some more. The Happy Me in the bottom sketch is not, incidentally, referring to the wine in the foreground (though it could!) - it's a 'bubble tea, gourmet coffee, smoothies and mixology' shop in the background, which I did indulge in at that time of day!

3 comments:

Sadami said...

Wow, wonderful sketches, Cathy! I love them all. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes, Sadami

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Fantastic sketches. Love the blonde! LOL! love the market. Good for you for indulging at the end of your day. :)

Cathy said...

Lovely sketches! We can really feel the relaxed mood! Well done! No need to say you enjoyed those places: we can actually see it!