I have been awarded some awards! I was tagged by Mona back in December I'm afraid - to disclose 7 inconsequential things about myself and in the last couple of days I was awarded <-this by Rhonda and Joan for which I am to list 7 things I love and pass it on to 7 more bloggers - thank you very much, it is so kind of you and gratifying that you are enjoying what I put up here, hotchpotch that it is!
Seven things I love...besides the major and obvious of husband, children, sisters, nieces, nephews and friends...
• the constant comforting presence of my pets - dog Gucci and cat Kenzo, and the way they follow me to hang up the washing, peer into the hole I'm digging or attend the creation of a new masterpiece
• swimming in the sea - on the warm Indian Ocean side of SA
• paint, paper, pens, ink, brushes, crayons - you all know what I mean
• book shops
• babies - thankfully no longer my own these days, I'm happy to borrow others now - for a while
• dancing in the kitchen to Golden Oldies on the radio - great exercise and makes mopping fun
• dozing in a sunspot in winter and the first smell of jasmine in spring and walking in leaves in autumn (that's cheating, hey? - three in one ;)
• ooh - and cricket! To watch, not to play
I think that covers the inconsequential things too, as I've gone over the seven. As to passing it on - um - I think I'm going to mull over that for a little while, and might cop out, 'cos lots of my regular reads have had one already... I'll let you know!