Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Pastel Shades


 I've had soft pastels hanging around for years in my studio, but never really used them. I've been exploring them and learning to like them more (they are dusty, and a bit unruly!) with the guidance of Greg Kerr's online course. This was based on photographs I took of the Boomslang treetop pathway at Kirstenbosch gardens in Cape Town  - ended up in wild fantasy colours... perhaps I should have stopped at some earlier stage!


 And an 'urban' sketch - a storyboard of a typical day under lockdown, which was a virtual challenge by James Richards. In fact it's a typical day most days, except I'd be going to actual Tai Chi, and there'd be more visits to and from family, and the odd coffee or sketching with friends.


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

I keep a kind of "journal" in my sketchbook...tiny 2 x 2" most of them just a story telling about what is going on in my life...not necessarily high lights..just whatever catches my mood. I've done nine pages over the past year. Just finished one that took a long time. Covid lethargy set in.
https://ginnystiles.blogspot.com/2020/07/life-goes-on.html

Ginny Stiles said...

I simple adore your urban sketching..it is what drew me to you at first.
Post them often. I am always inspired.