Sunday, July 5, 2020

Round and Round the Garden


I got so behind posting paintings done on the 30x30DirectWatercolor challenge, I'm just dumping a whole bunch here, otherwise I'll never catch up! 
One or two intersected with other online challenges - Virginia Hein's Usktalk about applying explosive colour before painting just enough of the image to make it recognisable (the chairs) and international sketch-a-chicken week (irresistible!) and Suhita Shirodkar's 'Start with What If...' (What if I looked through a glass of water)


These aren't all of them, just some on the home and garden theme, which is of course the most available subject while under lockdown - I didn't manage 30, but was happy to have kept up quite a steady pace. I felt like I was getting a grip on how to get started, and use more expressive, less fussy brushstrokes as I went along. (The first ones are at the bottom, more-or-less more recent ones towards the top.) July is International Watercolour Month, apparently, so I think I must carry on while I'm on a roll - trying to curb my natural tendency to switch to something different just as I feel I'm making progress!

5 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

I love that you are blogging again. Crazy for your style and interesting subject matter.

Sadami said...

Lovely paintings, Cathy. Keep up wonderful work!! Best wishes, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, these are wonderful and I can’t pick a favorite - sounds like your are keeping your creativity going while isolating and you have a gorgeous garden as a model!

Cathy Gatland said...

So lucky to have a garden Rhonda...it's in need of some TLC but always provides something to paint! Thanks Ginny and Sadami for visiting!

Carol said...

Lovely selection of lockdown artworks!