Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Hill


I took my Pentel Brushpen out for a walk this morning and sketched my 'killer hill' from about a third of the way up. This is looking down the hill, I hope you can tell, towards the dam. It's difficult to get all the textures and tonal variation with the brushpen, but good that it forces me to see light and dark.
This hill on my morning walk used to make me pant, groan and puff all the way, but now I can stride up it with little strain. Is that progress, or what?!

7 comments:

martinealison said...

Très joli dessin, précis net comme j'aime...

Teresa said...

Hi Cathy,

You did a wonderful job on this sketch. Wow!

Congrats too on the "no more puffing"!!!

Felipe Núñez said...

Hey ! just arrived to this excellent place. Really very interesting the way of working and the use of color.
Greetings.

Felipe

Sandra said...

You can tell it's down hill. I love it! You'd make an excellent illustrator! I've yet to try my brush pens.

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, you can tell it's downhill and you've got such a large amount of stuff in there that I can see with just blacks and whites = great job! And good for you being able to climb without huffing and puffing now - that's good progress! I'm just catching up with your work after being away a week and wanted to thank you again for sharing Hazel Soan's workshop stuff with us - I'll definitely return to read it and look at it again.

Unknown said...

looks a great street to live in.

SKIZO said...

I
Like
Your
Work
Good
Creations