Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Christmas!

 On another jacaranda-painting expedition a few weeks ago with our sketching group, I ended the session with a couple of sketches of  the thousands of fallen bougainvillea blossoms at my feet. I found the brush shaped petals and forms so enjoyable to paint, even roughly and quickly as I did them then (below), that I collected a hatful to take home. Yesterday I got to spend another happy hour or so painting them, now dried, more carefully, but still trying to keep them carefree. I think they'll do to wish every one of you a wonderful, joyous and peaceful festive season, however you celebrate it, wherever you are.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They'll do" very nicely! Thank you, and every good wish to you, too.

(If I get through a round of meetings I may just post some poincianas as my southern festive flower!)

martinealison said...

Des nuances de couleurs sublimes...
Je vous souhaite de joyeuses fêtes et une douce nuit de noël à vous et à tous ceux que vous aimez.
Gros bisous.

Cathy said...

So beautiful!!!! Have a very merry Christmas too!

Sadami said...

Wow, Cathy,
Breathtaking!! So beautiful...! Thank you.
Cheers, Sadami

Shirley said...

Fabulous! Love the many variations on the color. Thanks for brightening my morning!

Unknown said...

Stunning Cathy!!!!

Merry Christmas

RH Carpenter said...

I wonder what it's like to live where Christmas is warm with blossoms like these at your feet instead of snow :) Lucky girl! Thanks for sharing these beauties and hope your Christmas is bright with 2012 bringing you many new and adventurous creative pursuits :)

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Merry Christmas. You clearly have a different experience than we do with cold and sometimes snow. These are very carefree and quite beautiful.

Bev said...

Hi Kathy,
You have been awarded The Versatile Bloggers Award.

Merry Christmas.

Love the Bougainvillea. I miss them here.

JANE MINTER said...

beautiful pages cathy ...wishing you a very happy christmas .

dominique eichi said...

UNder these delightful Bougainvillea I would like to wish a Merry Christmas

ANAIS G. BURGOS said...

Love this!

Laura said...

Just gorgeous, Cathy!