Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Exhibition of student's work


Hi - sorry about another long absence - I've been paddling as fast and as diligently as I can to help make this exhibition happen this weekend. Somehow or other I got to be coordinator-in-chief in spite of the almost catatonic state I get into when in administrative pressure roles.
Amazingly enough, I think we're on track and all will appear as planned on Saturday. It is, as you can see, an exhibition of student's work done in, or as a result of Greg Kerr's painting courses and has lots of interesting, unusual and provocative pieces. The image on the invitation is by Tracy Witelson, artist and art teacher, and assistant to Greg when he is teaching in Johannesburg, from The Dinner Party programme that I participated in 2013. I'll have two or three paintings on from this year's Objets Trouvès course (which I still have to show the end results of here, sometime).

If anyone who sees this is in Joburg this weekend, please come along, I'd love to meet you!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Wish I could come! Congratulation and I wish you luck!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Wish I could be there! Best of luck.

laura said...

Congratulations on pulling it all together, Cathy! That's quite a long list of artists!
Sorry to be so far from Joburg--best wishes, Laura

Cathy Gatland said...

Cathy, Carol, Laura - wish you could all be here too with our long shared histories of pursuing art-related goals!