Thursday, December 27, 2007

My journal again

It's been a long time since I've done anything in my sketch journal, and there are not that many pages completed between last Boxing Day and this (though I've done more than in my entire life previously!). As I wrote above, it's a whole year since I discovered Danny Gregory, Everyday Matters, and the whole world of sketch journalling and art-blogging. I do feel quite reluctant to get to the end of this journal - a beautiful cloth-bound book I bought at the Tate in September '06. Wish I could get over there again to get a new one, not to mention of course another roam around the galleries and art shops, and another painting holiday... I will have to make plans to get to some interesting places to draw and paint next year, as well as some other art-related New Year's resolutions - will have to have a think about that. We went for a walk this morning around our local Emmarentia Dam. Jo'burg is so quiet and empty - everyone's gone to the coast, including our daughters. I think I will make plans in January for next Christmas so we don't feel all abandoned again, too!

No comments: