Monday, March 9, 2015

Shark Party


One of my great-nephews had his fourth 'Shark' themed birthday party last week (still not quite keeping up). That means three years since I did this post on his first birthday party... I'm not sure why I haven't sketched at any of his older brother's birthday parties, possibly just too much to take in and put on a page. At least at this one, they were more or less contained in a swimming pool for some of the time! It seemed appropriate to colour my quick pen sketch with children's felt tip markers... I should have got there earlier to draw the terrific food table with sharky birthday cake, watermelon bowl, brownies with fins etc - they didn't last long after the little guests arrived!

I recently added a Search widget to A Sketch in Time... why didn't I do that years ago? Within seconds I found all references to "birthday party", and the other day when I wanted to remind myself how to make a home-made scraperboard - pop - there it was. I sometimes despair of ever keeping up with all the techie stuff available, but this one was worth the head-scratching!

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Cathy, I love your sketch! Let's enjoy the end of summer. Cheers, Sadami

Polly Birchall said...

A lovely painting full of joy

RH Carpenter said...

So bright and colorful, I can almost hear the kids laughing and screaming!

Cathy Gatland said...

Thank you Sadami - I'm not ready for the end of summer yet - it went so fast!

Thanks Polly and Rhonda, it was certainly joyful, and noisy!

Unknown said...

This is fab! Love the energy and colours you have captured.