So much for posting every day - just keeping up with drawing is about all I can manage. Day 6's EDM challenge 'something with bristles' immediately made me think of the drawing into ink washes with bleach method that I first tried here. Great for fine lines and scrubby marks. I was asked to post a tutorial by a couple of people on the Facebook page, so here goes:
- Black water-soluble fountain pen ink. Not sure if Parker Quink is available everywhere, it's a standard stationery item here. (the flower on the top is mine :))
- Ordinary household bleach. I wasn't aware of how bad it is for you till someone mentioned it in the comments and I looked it up. Wear gloves and a mask, open the windows and doors!
- Water for rinsing and diluting the ink and bleach - a small nozzled bottle is very useful - and small containers to hold the solutions.
- Old or non-precious brushes. I think bleach would eat any natural bristle
- Bamboo pens or sticks to draw with - likewise bleach would destroy a metal pen nib
- Watercolour or drawing paper - different types will give different results. I masked the edges with tape.
- Things to add texture - sponges, toothbrush, paper towel.