Monday, December 31, 2018

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps

Holding thumbs this works out - a video of some sketches from 2018 in my Seawhite-of-Brighton big black sketchbook. Thanks to my techier husband Bruce for adding the soundtrack... Perhaps I could have sketched more... perhaps the next one will be better... perhaps I'll take my sketchbook out today... I'm always glad when I did, and regretful I didn't do so more often. 


Here we're fastening seat belts for a rough ride in 2019, with elections coming up, all parties and factions at each other's throats, and much damage to be repaired - I'm really hoping it won't be as tumultuous as I fear. To you, all my sketching, painting, drawing, blogging, following friends, wishing you a very happy, peaceful and productive New Year.

4 comments:

laura said...

Very impressive! What a feeling of accomplishment you have flipping through your sketchbook! I love the degree of "finish" or resolution you achieve in each, even when the subject is treated simply. Brava!
(And, living in the US all i can say is, Politics. Ugh. The horror is never-ending here!)

dinahmow said...

I echo you hope and wishes, Cathy. Perhaps, like ripples on a pond, if we all toss our wish-pebbles in...
Here's to better days.

Ginny Stiles said...

I SO love your work...post more often...I miss you when you don't.

Bev said...

Happy new year to you and your family Cathy, I love your sketches, they are wonderful, I just wish I could get my head around sketching :-(

Poor SA such a wonderful country slowly being ruined by the power hungry politicians! I do wish our politicians, of whatever race or creed they belong to, would do it for the love of their countries and not for what they can gain personally, it doesn't matter which country they represent they are all the same. Bleagh!!